Monday, November 24, 2008

Semi driver not at fault in student's death on I-25PLN#11

In the article Semi driver not at fault in student's death on I-25, It was extremely sad to see how accidents can happen. In the article that the officals don't believe the accident that killed an 18-year-old Legacy High School student involved drugs or alcohol. The 18-year-old named Chris Reagan crashed his car in the northbound lanes Interstate 25. He got out of his car and was hit by a semi in the southbound lanes when he tried to cross the highway. As the semi-driver swerved, the rear wheels of the truck's trailer hit Reagan, killing him. The driver immediately stopped and called authorities. since all of the officials do not suspect the semi driver was using drugs or alcohol he is not going to be charged. The 18-year-old was a senior and soccer star at Legacy High School, with having hopes of playing with Metro in the fall. A statement said by his parents was "Our lives will never be as rich without him and his creative spirit and love for life will forever be missed." I thought that the quote that was said by Chris's parents was a very short way of saying how much they were going to miss him. A connection that I had with the quote said by Chris's parents was the story of Chris McCandles and what I think Chris M's parents would have said. What is important in this article is to inform the world of how important safe driving is along with how easily accidents can happen. How this affects me is, it makes me want to be super careful as a future driver, so that nothing this serious will happen to me ever in my life.

No comments: